Join Dark Horse Comics for free signings by visiting them at Booth #619 and come see their panels! Dark Horse Comics has shared details with Comic Frontline below!
Free comics, prints, or posters will be available at each signing. There will also be items available for sale. Certain restrictions may apply. Please note that signings will be ticketed or capped as needed. All events are subject to change.
Comics featuring C2E2 exclusive variant covers are available in limited quantities. All proceeds from the convention variant of The Witcher will benefit Sharon and Stan Sakai.
- 11 a.m. AMALA’S BLADE, MONSTROUS Steve Horton
- 1 p.m. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Aly Fell
- 2 p.m. THE OCCULTIST, SUNDOWNERS, JACK KRAKEN Tim Seeley
- 3 p.m. BUZZKILL Donny Cates
- 4 p.m. CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT, PREDATOR Josh Williamson
- 5 p.m. FURIOUS Bryan J. L. Glass and Furious (cosplayer Ashley Hay)
- 6 p.m. THE OCCULTIST, BATTLEPUG, THE ANSWER! Mike Norton
- 11 a.m. THE FIFTH BEATLE Vivek J. Tiwary
- 12 p.m. THE GOON Eric Powell
- 1 p.m. TOMB RAIDER Gail Simone
- 2 p.m. THE SHAOLIN COWBOY Geof Darrow
- 3 p.m. AMALA’S BLADE Steve Horton
- 4 p.m. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Aly Fell
- 6 p.m. GRINDHOUSE Chris Peterson
- 11 a.m. DREAM THIEF Jai Nitz
- 12 p.m. PROJECT BLACK SKY Jenny Frison (Ghost), Josh Williamson (Captain Midnight), Joshua Hale Fialkov (Skyman)
- 1 p.m. AMALA’S BLADE Steve Horton
- 3 p.m. BUZZKILL Donny Cates
- 4 p.m. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Nicholas Brendan, Aly Fell (Ticketed*)
*A set number of tickets will be distributed first thing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the Dark Horse booth. Please note that this signing is limited to comics only, with a maximum of two comics per person.
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Breaking Into Comics and Staying In! S401ab
With the shifting landscape of the comics industry, this is your invaluable guide to breaking into the comics industry. Join Comics Experience founder Andy Schmidt, with writers Josh Williamson, Kyle Higgins, and Paul Allor, artist Robert Atkins, Marvel VP C. B. Cebulski, and Dark Horse editor in chief Scott Allie for the best panel on breaking in ever!
- 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m. Dark Horse Presents: Gail Simone N427
Gail Simone has been making waves ever since she arrived on the comics scene with a column on Comic Book Resources. Since then, she has written iconic runs on such titles as Birds of Prey, Batgirl, Red Sonja, and most recently Tomb Raider for Dark Horse. In honor of this new ongoing series, and the collection of her Kickstarter-funded Leaving Megalopolis, Dark Horse editor in chief Scott Allie leads a career-spanning discussion of one of comics’ most accomplished writers.
- 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m. Comics and Hollywood: What Creators Need to Know S401cd
More comics are being turned into films, and creators have important questions about how Hollywood works. Get actionable information from top creators who have navigated the TV and movie business. Plus, unique perspective and insights from an actor who has appeared in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and is writing the comic book series at Dark Horse Comics.
- 1:45 p.m.–2:45 p.m. Pitch Perfect: Crafting a Comic Book and Media Pitch That Sells! S404ab
You’ve got a great story to tell that has great media potential. But you have to get it down to a page? Impossible! Join editors and writers experienced in multiple media—Jim Gibbons, Josh Williamson, Kyle Higgins, and Andy Schmidt—for pro tips on how to create pitches that sell!
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Aw Yeah, Dark Horse! N426.
Art Baltazar and Franco have taken some of comics’ most well-known characters and reimagined them for fans of all ages. To celebrate the recently collected Itty Bitty Hellboy, as well as the upcoming collection of this dynamic duo’s Kickstarter-funded Aw Yeah Comics!, we have put together an hour of fun, announcements, and much more! Bring your big ideas for a chance to woo Dark Horse editor in chief Scott Allie in the “one minute pitch”! Find out which Dark Horse characters the two will tackle next, and much, much more! This one is guaranteed to be fun for the whole fan family!
- 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. The Moving Target: What Publishers Want and How to Give It to Them S404ab
Get your project greenlit! What is it you need to improve, change, rethink? Join Comics Experience founder Andy Schmidt, comics pros Joshua Hale Fialkov (The Ultimates), Josh Williamson (Ghosted), Mike Perkins (Captain America), and Dark Horse editor Jim Gibbons to get an inside scoop that will help improve your chances of getting accepted.
- 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m. Dark Horse Builds Characters N426
In 2014, comics are more diverse than ever, and Dark Horse continues to pride itself on producing the greatest serialized storytelling from some of the biggest names in the industry! From Hellboy to Buffy to Luke and Leia, some of the most iconic characters in comics and beyond call Dark Horse home. Join us as we talk character development with the writers who tell their tales! Editor in chief Scott Allie is joined by Project Black Sky scribes Josh Williamson (Captain Midnight) and Joshua Hale Fialkov (Skyman), comics legend Eric Powell (The Goon), Tim Seeley (Sundowners, The Occultist), and newcomer Donny Cates (Buzzkill) for insight, announcements, and much, much more!