Today Warner Bros. made a few announcements regarding their Cinematic Universe. The first one being that they have moved up the release date of Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice from May 6, 2016 to March 25, 2016. Kat, Comic Uno who found this information share her thoughts on this and what it’s impact if any will be for their Cinematic Universe.
This release date takes the movie from the head-to-head face-off with Marvel’s third Captain America movie. The potential box office battle had fans talking and picking side of which movie they would go see, it also unleashed speculation on which company would blink first and pull out from their proposed release dates.
This is the third release date Warner Bros. has scheduled for the movie they plan to kick off their shared-universe: The first date was first set for July 17, 2015, before being pushed back nearly 10 months to May 6, 2016, and finally to its current March 25, 2016 release date.
While many see March as a month where studios place their films they have less faith in it has become increasingly more popular for blockbuster films. This trend can be traced back to two other Zack Snyder comic book-based movie: 300, which opened to big numbers on March 9, 2007. Snyder followed that success up with his next comic book-based movie Watchman which opened in theaters on March 6, 2009. Marvel also went with an early Spring release date with this year’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which was released April 4, 2014, and the first Hunger Games film from Lionsgate debuted on March 23, 2012.
Along with the Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice move, Warner Bros. has set out an ambitious list of released dates for nine as-yet unannounced DC films that will run from 2016 through to 2020.
Warner Bros. Release:
- Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice – 03/25/16
- Untitled DC Film – 08/05/16
- Untitled DC Film – 06/23/17
- Untitled DC Film – 11/17/17
- Untitled DC Film – 03/23/18
- Untitled DC Film – 07/27/18
- Untitled DC Film – 04/05/19
- Untitled DC Film – 06/14/19
- Untitled DC Film – 04/03/20
- Untitled DC Film – 06/19/20
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, is directed by Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the character’s first live-action feature film appearance. The movie expected to lead to a Justice League film, which will most likely take one of their newly claimed dates.
- WB Announces Superman/Batman Movie For 2015
- Ben Affleck is Playing Batman in Man of Steel 2!!!
- Superman Vs. Batman Officially Casts Wonder Woman
- Superman Batman Finds Its Lex Luthor & Alfred Pennyworth
- He Said, She Said: Superman Batman Movie Casting
- Justice League Movie Announced
- 1st Image of Ben Affleck In The Batsuit & 1st Look At The New Batmobile Released
- Batman V Superman Title & Logo Revealed
- Dawn Of Justice Superman Suit Revealed
- SDCC: Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Cape & Cowl
- SDCC: Image Of Ben Affleck In The Batman Cowl
- SDCC: First Image Of Gal Gadot In Wonder Woman Costume
- SDCC: Comic Uno Discusses Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman Costume
Let us know in the comments here and on Comic Frontline what you think about this Breaking News From The Frontline on Warner Bros. Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for the lastest Previews, Reviews News and Interviews!