A little over one year ago DC launched the Talent Development department. The goal: to find, instruct and nurture new and current DC talent. In just a short amount of time since the launch, DC has run two successful workshops taught by a few of the greatest creators and teachers in the business; one for writers led by Scott Snyder, and one for artists led by Klaus Janson and Jim Lee. We will be highlighting each story from NEW TALENT SHOWCASE #1, next up today is HARLEY QUINN: GOOD MORNING, GOTHAM!
NEW TALENT SHOWCASE #1 Features:
- Smith & Oum
- Ayala, Randolph & Rauch
- Moreci, Bagenda & Fajardo Jr.
- Schultz & Liew
- Sebela, Messina & Dinisio
- Khan, Lupacchino, McCarthy & Morey
- Beeby, Jung & Mulvihill
- McMillian & Ferreyra
- Jones, Lotfi & Pantazis
“This year’s Showcase represents the work of writers from DC’s Writers Workshop Pilot Program, a 13-week program held January through March 2016, for professionals from an array of writing backgrounds who were brand-new to DC. The stories you’ll get to see in NEW TALENT SHOWCASE #1 are just a glimpse of what they created during the workshop, and they represent the various strengths seen when these creators were asked to join DC.
Many of the artists represented here are also products of DC’s Artists Workshop Pilot Program from the fall of 2015. For that, DC invited current artists to the Burbank offices for a week of master classes, get-together with the editorial staff, tours of the offices and the amazing DC library, and discussions on craft with Jim Lee and Klaus Janson! These artists and their colorists, and letterer Josh Reed, were instrumental in bringing to life the vision and story put forth by the new writers showcased in this new publication.
We plan to make Showcase an annual event, and truly hope you enjoy what you see. Special thanks to our wonderful teachers/advisors: Klaus Janson, Andy Kubert, Jim Lee and Scott Snyder!”
What follows is the first page of HARLEY QUINN: GOOD MORNING, GOTHAM that will be featured in NEW TALENT SHOWCASE #1, available in comic book stores and online on November 30th. Please help welcome these new writers to DC! And big thanks to the artists that contributed to this year’s Showcase!
“Because the story is so short I just wanted to have some fun with it, and there is no better character for zany good times than Harley!”
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Hellblazer: The Road To Hell And All That!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Wonder Woman Blood & Glory!
- DC Announces Artist Workshop Class of 2016!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – White Lantern: Dead Beacons!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Hawkgirl: Weapons Of War!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Deadman: Killing Time!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Wonder Girl: Digging Up Demons!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Catwoman/Wonder Woman: The Amazon Job!
- DC Preview: New Talent Showcase #1 – Superman: The Man In Black!