Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post I will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Go Go Power Rangers #8 – Kimberly, The Ranger Slayer?
5. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Tommy is Stabbed!
A big turning point for the event, looking forward to seeing where this will take the story.
4. Dark Nights Metal #6 – Play it like an Amazon!
Dark Nights #6 has been the most Metal out of any of their other issues. I love when Wonder Woman is getting battle ready and she calls the rest of the League like she is banging drum sticks together to start a new song for their set list.
3. Batgirl #21 – Souvenir From Daddy/Daughter Day
Your dad is a detective Barbara, I have a feeling this souvenir may catch up to her, but I really loved the team up between dad and daughter in this issue. We don’t get nearly enough interaction with them as we deserve.
2. Dark Nights Metal #6 – Party Like A Bat!
Once again I will say this is the most musically influenced issue of Dark Nights Metal. It’s an epic ending to celebrate the League’s battle, and I can’t get over Alfred playing the drums in the background.
1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Don’t Be Gone!
The emotional beats portrayed on this page are impressive, especially with Daniele Di Nicuolo use of spacing. Now we can see why Kimberly becomes the wounded Ranger Slayer we saw at the end of Go Go Power Rangers last week.
5. Invincible Iron Man #598: ARMOR SQUAD!
This was just funny. Arno declares their name and then quickly retracts it with a simple “Nothing.”
4. Invincible Iron Man #598: Don’t Hit On Me, Please.
Another Arno moment as he starts to flirt with Ceres who quickly shuts him down because she just can’t handle it. Cute.
3. Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #302 – She IS a Parker Girl!
Lower because last issue telegraphed it, but here we have photo proof that Teresa IS a Parker… at least in THIS timeline…
2. Daredevil 600 – Mayor Matt Murdock!
There’s some alliteration for ya! Issue 600 had to end with something big, and seeing Daredevil carted off in cuffs as his alter ego is declared Mayor of New York is a pretty good way to do so.
1. Doomsday Clock 4 – So THAT’s Who Rorschach Is!
We find out that the new Rorshach is Dr. Malcolm’s son! That was a pretty cool revelation, and his origin made perfect sense.
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #80 – There’s A Better Way!
Mikey is the true heart of the team.
4. The Terrifics #2 – Something Happened!
They’re stuck together?!
3. Avengers #686 – I Thought You Wanted To Talk?
Bruce isn’t here right now!
2. Avengers #686 – Forgive Me….
1. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #41 – You’re Under Arrest!
Hal beats Zod!
5. Jessica Jones #18 – BeDAZZLIN!
4. Batman Beyond #18 – Robin Beyond!
3. Dark Nights Metal #6 – Formally Known As The Justice League!
2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Don’t Be Gone!
1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Tommy is Stabbed!
They hype is real! This could be the moment that shattered the grid. Tommy Oliver, the longest tenured Ranger is killed well before he ever went on to become the White Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, the Red Zeo or Turbo Ranger, or the Black Dino Thunder Ranger. What will happen now? Will Tommy come back? Will time be fixed? Will Tom (Tommy’s clone) return to fulfill Tommy’s destiny? And if he does how will that affect the Tommy & Kimberly romance as well as his friendships? This could be 2nd Harry (Voyager reference there) all over again. I just know now is an awesome time to be a Power Rangers fan!
5. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Tommy Is Stabbed
I bet fans were not expecting this Tommy to die. Even though I am not a huge fan I was surprised it happened.
4. Mera Queen of Atlantis #2 – Don’t Kill Her Daddy
Ocean master about to take Mera’s head off and boom! There comes Tommy his son about to witness the whole thing happen and asking Daddy what are you doin?
3. Avengers #686 – Move Aside Traitor
2. The Terrifics #2 – I’m Gonna Be Sick
Big gigantic gross fingers being chopped off, and phantom girl says she is going to be sick and plastic man says can ghosts get sick? Had me dying. You think he would feel sorry for her.
1. Daredevil #600 – I’m Bulletproof!
Luke Cage says I am bulletproof but forgets about his significant other being right next to him.