Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post I will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 – Tommy Is Stabbed!
5. Batman White Knight #7 – I Fight For Family.
I love this conversation between Dick, Barbara, and Batman. Bruce has always fought for his family (his parents), and here he reveals he fights for a better future for his children of the Bat Family.
4. Snotgirl #10 – Is Snottie In Love With Coolgirl?
3. Runaways #8 – Molly Fangirls Over Julie!
I had a feeling Molly was going to be a big Power Pack fan after seeing that poster in Runaways #4, and this issue didn’t disappoint. It also looks like their interaction will have a lasting impression with Molly for her Best Friend Forever arc.
2. Snotgirl #10 – I’m So Small Compared To The Stars.
Such a small, beautiful scene that really encompasses the larger themes of Snotgirl. Lottie is a social media mogul who thinks so much about herself and her brand that she makes having allergies feel like life or death. She then looks at the stars, and thinks – damn it, maybe I’m not that important in the grand scheme of things. Lottie essentially has a high, existential crisis.
1. Runaways #8 – You Can Be Both….
I love Julie in this issue so much! She’s a fish out of water trying to adjust to the Runaways’ team dynamic. Karolina just cares she has her family back. She doesn’t want to define them as superheroes, but Julie (coming from a family of superheroes) tells her she can have both.
5. Curse Of Brimstone #1 – Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
This scene sums up this issue, it is about the small town but it also is something I think we need more of in today’s world, be neighborly. Whatever happened to that? Helping a neighbor, not because you have to, but because you want to, because it is the right thing to do.
4. Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands #6 – Awe Inspiring!
3. Runaways #8 – Mirror Universe?!
2. The Amazing Spider-Man #798 – He Puts The MAN in Spider-Man!
1. Batman: White Knight #7 – Last Words….
5. X-Men Gold #25 – It’s Kitty’s Wedding!
Colossus saying that he is planning a wedding. yeah right we know who is planning that one bud.
4. All New Wolverine #33 – President Kamala Khan.
Kamala Khan as president is great. Seeing all the heroes in this issue in the future was wonderful but I love how Tom Taylor has mad respect for Kamala, and a woman in the oval office not so far off in the future.
3. Injustice 2 #23 – You Had A Nuke Arrow Near Our Child!
Hey a nuke arrow is a a normal weapon to keep around the house as long as it’s kept on the top shelf away from the kids.
2. Marvel Two-in-One #5 – Fantastic Four Forever!
We have waited a long time for this moment even though they were from different universes it was a great moment.
1. Venom #164 – I Get No Respect Around Here….
I love this panel! Shocker is one of the first Spider-Man villains I clearly remember. I first saw him in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. I love his powers. However he never gets respect and this issue I was crying laughing cause he was dogged this entire issue.