Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post I will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands #6 – Awe Inspiring!
5. Domino #1 – Dazzler Out DAZZLES Jubilee
See, we don’t need Jubilee!
4. The Archies #6 – Josie and the Pussycats V. The Archies
3. Domino #1 – DAZZLER!
Thank you Gail Simone for adding Dazzler into this book. Let the Dazzler revolution continue!!
2. The Dead Hand #1 – I’m Normal
The 60’s and 50’s were an extremely interesting time in America, especially when dissecting family structure. In the 50’s everyone pretended to be perfect because of what television and propaganda was telling them to do. Women had to be like the mother from Leave it To Beaver. This was a ploy post World War 2 to get women out of the work force, and into the homes. So men would have jobs when they came back home from war. So this image is really striking to me, to show the realism of the time that everyone was trying to hide.
1. The Archies #6 – Best Friends, Not Frenemies
Current Archie comics has been doing a great job at showcasing Betty and Veronica’s friendship. They aren’t frenemies. They are actually friends.
5. Domino #1 – We Wanted Jubilee.
This is just funny to me because of our conversations on Frontline Live how Jubilee and Dazzler are interchangeable. lol
4. X-Men Red #3 – Still Crossing Lines….
Cassandra Nova is back, and even though I’m not a fan of Morrison’s New X-Men, I have to say seeing what she did to this kid here still gave me chills.
3. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #41 – You…. What?!
Tomar-Tu shows his true colors here much to Hal’s chagrin!
2. X-Men Red #3 – Are Those Your Intestines?
Gabby continues to be one of my favorite characters in the Marvel U, and her being completely unphased by her intestines hanging out is one of the reasons why.
1. Avengers #688 – Quicksilver’s Sacrifice.
This was Quicksilver’s Crisis on Infinite Earths moment. Sure, it’s been done before, and better, but considering the journey of Quicksilver and how things have finally fallen into place for him, there’s a tragic and poetic beauty to this scene for me.
5. Sea Of Thieves #2 – You Sound Disappointed.
4. Detective Comics #978 – A Bold New Direction For Batman!
3. Domino #1 – His Name’s Pip.
Domino gets a doggie.
2. Avengers No Surrender #688 – One Punch KO
I don’t care what tier of power you are…. that OUCHED!
1. New Super-Man And The Justice League Of China #22 – Save Him?
5. The Immortal Men #2 – There Are No Ninja Turtles In The Subway….
I love this scene, it is so small and has no impact on the book or anything but it is fun. Short story I know someone who caught her foot on a sewer crate and lost her shoe down it, and she still says a Ninja Turtle stole it LOL.
4. Titans #22 – You’ll Have To Go Through Me!
3. X-Men Red #3 – Are We There Yet?
2. The Flash #44 – The World Needs Barry Allen!
1. Red Hood And The Outlaws #21 – I Don’t Always “Get” Humanity!
5. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #42 – But We Were Besties
The “oh crap” moment that one of your best friends that was convicted for murder has now become a Darkstar.
4. Avengers No Surrender #688 – One Punch KO
The strongest one he is not!! The Hulk get knocked into orbit with one punch from the Challenger.
3. Avengers No Surrender #688 – He’s…Gone
The moment Scarlett Witch realized she lost her Brother was very emotional.
2. Domino #1 – DAZZLER!
Hey you have to love the entertainment for the surprise birthday party! I guess she was desperate to do a gig LOL
1. Sideways #3 – Lose An Arm?
Warning never rift with someone partially through. You never know what limb can come with you.