Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post I will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2018 Annual – Gutted!
3. FCBD Legend of Korra/Arms – Meelo Learns to Help Others
It took a few seasons for Korra to fully understand that being the Avatar isn’t always about punching the bad guy, and you can’t always use bending to help people. Here she uses her responsibilities as the Avatar to help Meelo learn a life lesson.
2. FCBD Mighty Morphin Power Rangers – RIP Rita
Lord Drakkon is just stabbing everyone!
1. FCBD The Amazing Spider-Man – Evil Roommate
A great cliffhanger to start the new run for Spider-Man.
5. Injustice 2 #25 – Fight Like Cats And Dogs
I need more interactions between Catwoman and Ace!
4. Go Go Power Rangers #9 – I’m You, You’re Me….
3. Batman #46 – Bruce Shoots Batman!
The visual of Bruce shooting Batman was brilliant!
2. Go Go Power Rangers #9 – It’s Morphin Time!
Just such creative paneling!
1. Go Go Power Rangers #9 – Ranger Slayer Civies
I love that by the end of this issue we don’t know what side Kimberly The Ranger Slayer plays for – I have a feeling she plays for own side and we are going to see that unravel as the arc continues. And, damn, you can’t beat the first civie reveal of future Kimberly!
3. Riverdale – Small Price to Pay?
Man, this story was kind of creepy fun all the way through, but learning Pop may have sold his soul to keep the Choklit Shoppe alive is a little intense.
2. Spider-Man – Daredevil Stole Him!
The one caption of Spidey narrating where he claims Daredevil stole Kingpin who used to be Pete’s nemesis is just hilarious. And true. Loved that little blurb.
1. Avengers – Where Are You Going, Surfer?!
So Adam Warlock saves Silver Surfer from Ultron and rejuvenates him with his own cocoon. And how does Surfer repay him? He immediately flies off without a word. Now we know where he went, but poor Warlock was just left by himself without a clue. It was tragic and hilarious at the same time.
5. DC Nation #0 – Roger Might Die
“No, no, no, no… maybe.” Love this whole story with the Joker in some random dude’s house waiting for an invitation to Batman and Catwoman’s wedding. It’s just the kind of crazy maniacal thing you’d expect the Joker to do. And poor Roger…
4. Batman #46 – Wait, What?
Oh, Booster, you poor, silly, stupid, crazy broken man from the future. You could see something was coming here with Selina as all she said was “Meeoooww. ” When she takes out Alfred and Booster realizes he screwed up yet again it’s priceless.
3. Avengers #1 – The Band is Back Together!
This is just a cool nostalgic scene that inspires hope and confidence in the coming story. With our three original Avengers back at the lead it just signals a new “fresh” era.
2. Spider-Man #240 – No Bathroom on the Quinjet?
This whole scene is just charming. Miles is laid up in the hospital after the fight in Latveria and all his Champions teammates are just sitting there chatting about bathrooms on the Quinjet while Miles is asleep. It’s totally something teenagers would do. Solid writing here.
1. X-Men Gold #27 – Tell the Universe to Shut Up!
Kitty is having doubts, and Rogue sets her straight. “Do you love him?” The answer is of course a resounding “Yes.” So it doesn’t matter what anyone or anything says, marry the guy! Great character moment.
3. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers – FCBD 2018 Special – An Audience Granted At A Grave Cost….
2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers – FCBD 2018 Special – Eventually Every Child Must Grow Up!
1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers – FCBD 2018 Special – Im…. Impossible….
I know a lot of the fandom thought exactly what Rita said here, because like killing Tommy, this is also a huge turning point in the series and franchise.
5. Action Comics Special #1 – You’ll Never Hear Me Say It Again….
This is why Lex Luthor is the best Villain
4. Action Comics Special #1 – Mrs. Superman
3. Saban’s Go, Go Power Rangers #9 – Hello Mr. Scott?
2. Saban’s Go, Go Power Rangers #9 – Gulp. Tests?
1. Saban’s Go, Go Power Rangers #9 – You Don’t Burden Them With Your Problems….
I don’t know how much more I can take, I may even break here! Again such truth and honesty here, my Dad came from the generation that thought this way and didn’t want us to be burdened by this but eventually he told us but still kept that it was terminal secret, so I know the weight on Jason’s shoulders in this scene. I loved that the pages were framed in black for them, it really sets the tone and makes them hit home even more. I hope Kyle Higgins sees this scene and works it into a script because Grace keeps saying about the weight of the helmet, trust me, nothing weighs more than this, not even the Red Ranger Helmet, and he came through it.
2. FCBD The Amazing Spider-Man – Garbage Terrace
1. FCBD The Amazing Spider-Man -WHEATCAKES!