Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post I will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Justice League #1 – Legion of Doom!
5. Mister Miracle #9 – I Wanted to Impress You
This is one of my favorite examples of the series showcasing the mundane with a story about Gods. This is why Mister Miracle succeeds as a series.
4. Thor #1 – Jane Misses the Hammer
3. Babyteeth #11 – Bad Aim
As I said in my Frontline review, this story could have easily had a montage sequence to make Sadie warrior ready to go into The Red Realm, but I’m glad they didn’t go that direction. Sadie really sucks at being a fighter.
2. Nancy Drew #1 – Who Are These “People”?
What a great opener to get the reader engrossed into this story. I really enjoyed Nancy Drew’s voice in this book.
1. Batman Prelude to The Wedding: Batgirl Vs. The Riddler #1 – You Want To Grab A Coffee
I’m not sure if this will play out in either Batgirl or Nightwing, but hey romance is in the air!
5. Domino #3 – Quinjort
Sure, it’s foreshadowing as Domino will soon be an Avenger, but I just love that she, for one, calls a Quinjet a “Quinjort,” and two, that her idea of “avenging” is seeing someone bleed out. Gail Simone rocks!
4. Darth Vader #17 – No Longer a Jedi
3. Marvel Two-in-One Annual #1 – You Did This!
This whole silent sequence was a thing of beauty as Doom realizes what happened to him that changed him. This could potentially undo all his progress, and it solidifies his and Reed’s conflict for all time.
2. The Magic Order #1 – Shhhh…
This was one creepy scene! Possessed kid kills daddy brutally and tells mom Shhh… WOW!
1. The Man of Steel #3 – I Couldn’t Save Them…
This was an incredibly touching scene, Superman and Supergirl mourning the loss of all the inhabitants of the bottled city of Kandor. Great emotion illustrated throughout these panels, and having Superman in tears here just says it all.
Honorable Mention: Plastic Man #1 – Get Your Cape On….
I had to jump on the Honorable Mention bandwagon and include this in here. Plastic Man wearing a DC Super Heroes Girls shirt, this is great product placement!
5. Batman: Prelude To The Wedding – Batgirl Vs The Riddler – Unless He’s Nightwing….
4. Mech Cadet Yu #9 – A Hero’s Heart!
3. Hawkman #1 – Hawkmen!
2. Red Hood And The Outlaws #23 – Love, Dad….
1. The Flash #48 – You Don’t Remember My Children!
I love the power of emotions just pouring out here. This isn’t Flash War, this is Dad War. You have Barry, who has been a father to Wally fighting to protect the only son he has really had (Yes he has twins in the future one of which is a son, but he never raised him/them. See Crisis On Infinite Earths) and then Wally who doesn’t care about what price he will have to pay because he remembers his kids now little things like Jai being afraid of the dark and not wanting Irey to know. This scene is just so touching and so raw with emotions.
5. Sideways #5 – Friendly Neighborhood Sideways
Friendly neighborhood Sideways? This looks familiar. The best thing about this series is that it continues to remind me of Spider-Man books but in a good way. This is a classic way of leaving the bad guy for the cops to take care of.
4. Hunt For Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #2 – Poke You With A Stick
Hey to check if Wolverine is dead just poke him with a stick, like he is some kind road kill. LOL
3. Domino #3 – Should I Bow?
Never knew Spider-Man clones and dirty She-Hulk pics were legendary, However that line had me cracking up!
2. Infinity Countdown Darkhawk #2 – That Hurt
Hey Chris are you going to be okay, Because this looks like it hurts.
1. Plastic Man #1 – Wicked Burn!
This is the ultimate burn. However, I would not suggest to anybody using this line to anyone because you might just get the crap beat out of you.