Today, during a packed panel at New York Comic Con, DreamWorks Animation Television debuted the full trailer for the highly anticipated Netflix original series She-Ra and The Princesses of Power with panelists executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Nimona, Lumberjanes), Aimee Carrero (voice of Adora/She-Ra), Karen Fukuhara (voice of Glimmer), Marcus Scribner (voice of Bow) and moderator Krutika Malikarjuna, Features Editor for TV Guide. Fans were treated to an expanded first look at the series, including clips highlighting several characters from season one including Adora/She-Ra, Glimmer, Bow, Entrapta, Mermista, and Perfuma among many others. The audience also got a first look inside the evil Horde with clips introducing Hordak and Shadow Weaver.
Aimee Carrero (Elena of Avalor) stars as Adora/She-Ra, Karen Fukuhara (Suicide Squad) as Glimmer, AJ Michalka (The Goldbergs) as Catra, Marcus Scribner (black-ish) as Bow, Reshma Shetty (Royal Pains) as Angella, Lorraine Toussaint (Orange is the New Black) as Shadow Weaver, Keston John (The Good Place) as Hordak, Lauren Ash (Superstore) as Scorpia, Christine Woods (Hello Ladies) as Entrapta, Genesis Rodriguez (Time After Time) as Perfuma, Jordan Fisher (Grease Live!) as Seahawk, Vella Lovell (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Mermista, Merit Leighton (Katie and Alexa) as Frosta, Sandra Oh (Killing Eve) as Castaspella, and Krystal Joy Brown (Motown: The Musical) as Netossa.
Inspired by the popular ‘80s animated series, DreamWorks She-Ra and the Princesses of Power tells the epic story of an orphan named Adora, who leaves behind her former life in the evil Horde when she discovers a magic sword that transforms her into the mythical warrior princess She-Ra. Along the way, she finds a new family in the Rebellion as she unites a group of magical princesses in the ultimate fight against evil.
In addition to the panels, DreamWorks is currently offering an immersive fan experience inspired by the imaginative world of the highly-anticipated series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power at Booth #502. The activation includes a larger-than-life She-Ra statue, as well as interactive photo opportunities that will transport guests straight to Etheria, the Whispering Woods and Hordak’s lair. Reservations are required to attend the fan experience. Please look out for more information on New York Comic Con’s social channels.
Panel Highlights Include:
- Hammerstein Ballroom was packed with fans wearing She-Ra crowns and raising cardboard swords in the air shouting “For the Power of Grayskull!” when posing for a massive group picture with the cast.
- EP Noelle Stevenson introduced over 10 minutes of footage throughout the panel, including the full season 1 trailer.
- Clips highlighted the introduction of major characters, including the first four minutes of the pilot episode.
- Noelle Stevenson spoke to the tall order of honoring the original series, but also creating one that can stand on it’s own for new audiences today.
- The cast spoke to the unique experience of being able to record together, which leads to more meaningful chemistry onscreen.
- Moderator Krutika Mallikarjuna asked each of the cast members to choose the character they are most excited for audiences to meet.
- Aimee Carrero chose Frosta voiced by Merit Leighton
- Karen Fukuhara chose Entrapta voiced by Christine Woods
- Marcus Scriber chose Sea Hawk voiced by Jordan Fisher
- Noelle Stevenson chose Scorpia voiced by Lauren Ash