Welcome Comic Frontline‘s Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post, we will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Iceman #3 – Uhh, That Doesn’t Sound Right!/Iceman and His Amazing Friends
5. Fantastic Four #3 – Group Hug
Sometimes you just need to step away from a big battle for a group hug.
4. Wonder Woman #58 – How Should I Sleep?
3. Uncanny X-Men #1 – My Claws Are Better Than Forks
2. Mister Miracle #12 – We’re So Small, And That’s Okay
Existentialism at its best.
1. The Amazing Spider-Man #9 – The Lookups
Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #312 – Wrong Wrist
Okay, I know I’m nitpicking and picking on the creative team here, but it was just funny to me. He says his right wrist, but clearly his left arm is in a sling here. It happens, I know. It just struck me as funny this time. 🙂
HONORABLE MENTION: Superman #5 – There it is.
Not quite good enough to make the Top 5, but I did like the way Superman dissected the reasoning of Rogol Zaar here. It was a great illustration of Superman’s intellect and discerning skills.
5. The Black Order #1 – Am I Funny?
I love Proxima’s reply here, and this just continues to be a thing in this issue. They managed to humanize The Black Order here and it was so good.
4. Domino #8 – In His Pants
Gotta love Diamondback’s creativity here.
3. Fantastic Four #3 – Listen To YOUR Uncle Ben!
As a Spidey fan… I LOVE this. It’s hilarious as Spidey tries to give the Uncle Ben speech, and other Uncle Ben steps in. NOICE!
2. Amazing Spider-Man #9 – But Then…
Haha, maybe I’m reading too much into this, but this is the second scene Spidey is hanging onto Black Cat and is, well, enjoying the experience. Sure, he’s with MJ, but there’s history and he’s human. Fun issue.
1. Fantastic Four #3 – They’re Back
I love that the FF just took time out of a MAJOR battle to have a group hug and reconnect. This is family, the first family, and I love it!
5. Saban’s Go, Go Power Rangers #14 – On The Rebound
Skull on the rebound…..TOMMY HELP!!!!
4. God Of War #1 – Rage Issues
Kratos has no rage control!
3. Superman #5 – Kal-El, Take It
2. Fantastic Four #3 – Group Hug
1. Birthright #33 – Brother Rivalry!
5. Voltron: Legendary Defender #5 – You Are The Yellow Paladin….
This is a throwback to a previous issue (and that panel made my top 5 panels that week too) about Hunk being the food guy. This was just awesome LOL. But he is still a foot to Shiro.
4. Rose #14 – You Wouldn’t Understand….
3. Saban’s Go, Go Power Rangers #14 – Momma’s Got The Big Sword Now!
2. Fantastic Four #3 – Listen To YOUR Uncle Ben!
1. Superman #5 – Get Your Houses In Order!
SO much to take in! The House of El? Is that Lucy or Lois as Superwoman? Is that Alura or Kara in the Kryptonian armor? Is this a glimpse of the future? In this a glimpse of what was? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!
5. Red Hood and The Outlaws #28 – Batwoman V. Red Hood
Never saw this coming Batwoman vs. Red Hood??
4. Venom #8 – Goodbye Flash
Eddie saying a proper goodbye to Flash was very touching and it is nice to know that Flash is not forgotten.
3. The Amazing Spider-Man #9 – SpiderCat
Irresponsible Spider putting the moves on Felicia had me cracking up.
2. Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #312 – Meet My Demise
Peter thinks he could actually die in this issue. Spidey never loses his humor even in his darkest moments by calling Morlun a Brad Pitt Cosplayer!!
1. Fantastic Four #3 – They’re Back
The Four are officially reunited, this scene with there first team huddle was a long time coming.