Welcome Comic Frontline‘s Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post, we will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Spider-Geddon #5 – The Other
5. Fantastic Four #5 – Clobber ‘Em
4. Fantastic Four #5 – What’s Next For Me
I really enjoyed this deep talk between Ben and Johnny.
3. Fantastic Four #5 – This Brother/Or the Part When You Got Punched in the Face
2. Fantastic Four #5 – Twinkle Toes
A dynamic we don’t get to see enough of and is way too underrated.
1. Fantastic Four #5 – My Highest Priority
Honorable Mention – X-Force #1 – Tick Tick Tick BOOM!
Boom Boom was great in this backup story, and I loved how nonchalantly she called the ambulance and then the fire trucks after blowing up the building.
5. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Now THAT would be embarrassing
Reed’s lack of common sense is so beautifully accurate here and in the next panel as the three just stare at him blankly. Great and funny scene.
4. X-Force #1 – WE… are NOT most mutants
This was a chilling scene from Domino in my opinion. Explaining how most mutants are good, but that THEY are the ones humans are terrified of was brilliant and telling of the series going forward.
3. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Or the Part When You Got Punched in the Face/This Brother
A touching moment between Johnny and Ben capped off with a humorous line. The perfect brotherly conversation there.
2. Superior Spider-Man #1 – I’m Not STUPID
Anna Marie figures it out fairly quickly that Tolliver is Otto and lets him have it. Great scene!
1. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Not Today
Wow, this scene was one of the best scenes in FF history if you ask me. Reed is ALWAYS distracted and missing important cues and moments, as is illustrated in this issue many times. But in this very important moment, he chooses to say NO. We’re not messing this up, it’s too big, too important. I LOVE this scene, and it really speaks to the family that is the Fantastic Four!
5. Marvel Action: Avengers #1 – Left Hanging…
Captain Marvel left Thor hanging on a high five, I love it. Not everything needs to be super important or serious.
4. Superior Spider-Man #1 – Cast Once Too Many Times!
All of us on Frontline LIVE have mocked Otto for constantly saying “The Dies Is Cast”, and now it comes to bite him. How poetic.
3. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Every Day I’m Hustlin’
LOL have to love this, even Rocket lost all his clothes to Thundra!
2. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Meshugana!
1. Fantastic Four #5/650 – Ever-Lovin, Sweet Petunia!
can not have this wedding without sweet Aunt Petunia! I love that we
got this reunion moment with them, it long overdue. I hope we see more
of Aunt Petunia and Uncle Jake!