Welcome Comic Frontline‘s Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post, we will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Young Justice #1 – Young Justice Is Back!
5. Ironheart #2 – This is Not My Day
I love the image of Riri riding the NY subway because her suit stopped working.
4. Fantastic Four #6 – Part of the Family
3. Superman #7 – Lois is Royalty
2. Babyteeth #14 – He Did
This issue painted a really interesting picture of their version of God.
1. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #1 – Dazzler Fan
5. Uncanny X-Men #10 – She Found Her Rage
One thing I can say about this issue was that the X-Women stepped up and were fierce. Case in point here.
4. Titans #33 – Tolkein Trash
Kyle shows his inner geek here with the Lord of the Rings reference!
3. Superman #7 – I Missed Everything!
Lois is heartbroken at missing her little boy growing up making this scene pretty emotional.
2. Outpost Zero #6 – I Can Say Anything
Maddie is high here dealing with her mom’s suicide by using the drugs to both escape and to be free to talk about it. Here she’s talking to her brother, which is the one who found their mom. It’s an intense and heartbreaking scene.
1. The Amazing Spider-Man #13 – I Owe Him!
Lots of JJJ growth in this issue. Admitting that he was completely wrong about Spider-Man and that he owes Spidey was well enough, but then he confronted Kingpin and told him to his face in front of a crowd that he was a crook. Classic!
5. Fantastic Four #6 – By Design!
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder In Hell #1 – See You…
3. Detective Comics #996 – You Will Not Pass!
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: IDW 20/20 – All Right Then…
No place I’d rather be.
1. Superman #7 – First Hint…
…Grandpa is completely insane!
Honorable Mention – The Amazing Spider-Man #13 – The More Things Change…
I love how no matter what has changed, Jonah always has a default setting when it comes to Spider-Man.
5. Ironheart #2 – Get Back!
First, this panel is just tragically beautiful! It perfectly tells about Riri’s backstory while also showing her suffering from PTSD and dealing with that trauma.
4. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #1 – Is It?
Not everything is black and white. I love this scene because both are right and justified in their emotions and they each know it, that is why they are one of the best couples in comics.
3. Detective Comics #996 – Keep An Open Mind…
This has me so pumped for Detective Comics right now! I want to see this conversation and to know it comes from the pen of Peter J. Tomasi makes it all the better, the man knows father & son relationships and he knows Bruce and Damien’s to be specific. (Read Super Sons & Adventures of Super Sons!)
2. Superman #7 – A Mother Knows!
1. Superman #7 – A Father’s Love!
The gut punch of steel! Man, I loved this simple scene that expresses so much love and such a strong character moment for both Jon and Clark. Also, this is so honest, this is how a dad would act.
5. Venom #10 – Plead Not Guilty
The reason why Eddie feels like a monster is because when he was a teenager he drove his father’s car drunk and hit and killed a little boy. Eddie’s father forced Eddie to plea innocent by beating him over and over. Since that day Eddie’s father hated his son. This section of the story was so powerful.
4. Venom #10 – I’m A Monster
To get the impact of this story you must witness this whole scene.
3. Venom #10 – I’m Innocent
2. The Amazing Spider-Man #13 – I Owe Him!
Jay Jonah telling Kingpin to kiss his ass was a great scene. One of the few times Jonah was not thinking of himself. Oh and on the way out with him commenting on the chicken was just the icing on the cake.
1. Uncanny X-Men #10 – I’m Back
This weekly story is actually over with the X-Men dead? However, what was great was seeing this man in the hoody balling up the paper and throwing it in the garbage. Did I mention he has red glasses? Cyclops is coming – stay tuned fans!!