Welcome Comic Frontline‘s Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite
to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get
to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post, we
will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Batman #71 – Barbara Leads The Charge
Honorable Mention – Action Comics #1011 – Manhunter Returns
Manhunter is the perfect character for Bendis to write. I’m excited to see where he’ll take her character.
5. Legend of Korra Ruins of the Empire Part 1 – Quick on Your Feet
This is why Asami is a badass!
4. Dial H for Hero #3 – Dear Mom, I Don’t Miss You
What a powerful moment! Summer isn’t nostalgic for her past, like most people. The whole issue she writes her letter to no one, but by the end figures out she’s writing it to her mother.
3. Runaways #21 – I’m A Good Person
Because of her parents Karolina keeps thinking she’s not a good person, but then defies her thoughts by instinctively saving a stranger.
2. Runaways #21 – You’ll Never Lose Me
1. Legend of Korra Ruins of the Empire Part 1 – It Must Be Challenging to Be the Avatar’s Girlfriend
This was such a great scene as Kuvira tries to play mind games with Asami, but Asami’s loyalty towards Korra sees right through her tricks.
5. Runaways #21 – Victor…
Man, Chase’s face here after finding Victor’s headless body, only then to discover a fully human-looking Victor kissing Gert… heartbreaking!
4. War of the Realms: Strikeforce: The Land of Giants #1 – Spidey Talks to a Pegasus
3. War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men #2 – Hope is Lost
Before you realize what has happened, the shock of Hope dying so suddenly and violently is a huge shock! Not one that lasts but a second, but it still delivered that impact to me as a reader.
2. War of the Realms: Strikeforece: The Land of Giants #1 – I Preferred You When You Were Dead
Man, what a harsh line to say, but even though you knew it when Logan put it on him, Spider-Man’s realization of the joke was just comedy gold, as was the delivering of this line.
1. Middlewest #7 – I’ll Take My Chances With the Kid
Fox’s impassioned speech to the carnival folk leading up to this point on how they should stick by Abel was great, and it culminated with this panel as Fox displays undying loyalty and labels all those who abandoned him when he needed help the most as monsters was righteous and chilling. Love this scene!
5. Star Trek: The Q Conflict #4 – Prophetic!
Q has always been this almighty I am the ultimate power type, so it is good to see him being humbled by the Prophets here.
4. Runaways #21 – THAT AISLE!
Any guy who has women in their life have been down THAT AISLE before and it is puzzling, it is awkward and the looks you get! That is why I love this panel it is so true and honest.
3. Runaways #21 – Sad And Not Cute Together…
Everyone needs a Chase in their life, if you have one, you are lucky!
2. Action Comics #1011 – Manhunted!
1. Action Comics #1011 – A Lois Lane Headline?
Some see this and see just a panel within a comic nothing special, I see it and see just how freaking awesome Lois is! This is one of the countless reasons why I love her, Perry is an old reporter been there, done that and he knows his shit, but Lois, she is better and he knows it.