Welcome Comic Frontline‘s Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite
to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get
to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week’s post, we
will announce the winner from the poll.
Fan Panel Pick From Last Week – Absolute Carnage #1 -Absolute Carnage!
Honorable Mention – Ghosted in LA #2 – Checking in
The solicits have already spoiled where this dynamic is going to go, and the spoiler actually makes me more excited for the story to come. I like the Ronnie comes in to check on Daphne, even if they did just recently break up.
5. Fantastic Four #13 – Like Father, Like Daughter
Man, Alicia got some tricks up her sleeves. I like that she used Puppet Master’s own tricks against him.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man #27 – Curses
Aunt May cursing at the aftermath of the super fight had me laughing so hard.
3. Gwenpool Strikes Again #1 – I’d Let Dinah Lance Kick Me In The Face/Good Talk/A Jump In The Sky Turns To A Dinah Lance Kick!
2. Captain Marvel #9 – The Cap Cave
1. Go Go Power Rangers #22 – You Can Trust Me
I really enjoyed this interaction, and I hope we see more of it. It’s cool to have a character outside of the Rangers know about their secret identities.
5. Ironheart #9 – Silhouette!
As a New Warriors fan, I LOVE this return!
4. Absolute Carnage: Separation Anxiety #1 – Not Gonna Make It
Perfect horror ending to this story. The one member of the family not possessed thinks she got free, and then… It’s the only satisfying end there could have been.
3. Loki #2 – Let Me Join
Loki’s odd sincerity in his request, Tony’s shocked look, and Thor’s reaction are all priceless!
2. Fantastic Four #13 – Finally
Love this scene as The Thing FINALLY defeats the Hulk and that realization sets in. Tragic that he missed his honeymoon, but still a fitting outcome.
1. Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 – Good Talk/I’d Let Dinah Lance Kick Me In The Face/A Jump In The Sky Turns To A Dinah Lance Kick!
I love this exchange (as I cheat for the third time this week with a three panel layout), with the DC reference and ending with a dab to boot. Nicely done.
5. Absolute Carnage Separation Anxiety #1 – Not Gonna Make It
Totally not going to make it.
4. Unnatural #12 – Unnatural Love
3. Titans Burning Rage #1 – Gar Ate it All
2. Loki #2 – Avengers Application Denied
1. Event Leviathan #3 – Are They Giving You Trouble Ma’m
Honorable Mention – Detective Comics #1009 – Bored Meeting
I work in finance and I FEEL Bruce’s pain!
5. Gwenpool: Strikes Back #1 – A Jump In The Sky Turns To A Dinah Lance Kick!/Good Talk/I’d Let Dinah Lance Kick Me In The Face
This is Gwenpool at her finest, breaking the fourth wall, breaking the company lines and then just dabbing. Bonus points if you guess my tagline for this one!
4. Event Leviathan #3 – You Don’t Have The Chin…
3. Detective Comics #1006 – Good Authority!
This is why I love Alfred and Bruce they have such a great fun Father & Son relationship. But seriously who doesn’t want to kill the person who opens the curtains/blinds when you just finally get to sleep?
2. Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers #22 – C’Mon!
1. Fantastic Four #13 – You’re My Inspiration…
I’m a sucker for a good rally call/inspiration speech and I loved this one from Alicia!
5. The Amazing Spider-Man #27 – Randy And The Beetle
Randy and the Beetle! What? How? I need to know more.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man #27 – Peed on Hydro-Man
Good times! Would have loved to to see how the whole Shocker and Hydro Man thing went down after Shocker peed on Hydro Man. That scene had me cracking up.
3. Justice League Odyssey #12 – Jessica’s Character Growth
Jessica puts up a great fight and shows how far she has come since she was introduced in DC. However, it is short lived.
2. Justice League Odyssey #12 – Oh–
A tough panel to read as Jessica is shown no mercy by the all powerful and restored Darkseid.
1. Justice League Odyssey #12 – RIP Jessica Cruz
Jessica is totally burnt to ash. What a shocking moment! Will we see Jessica come back? Who knows, but she will be missed. I loved the character, and all of the issues she had to overcome especially her anxiety disorder. It really made her a relatable character. Hope to see her again.